MY-HEALTHCONNECT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please carefully go through these terms and conditions (“Terms”) before you decide to access the Website or avail the services made available on the Website by my-healthconnect. These Terms together constitute a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you (Patient or Provider) and my-healthconnect in connection with your visit to the Website and your use of the Services.
my-healthconnect.com or my-healthconnect is a platform that facilitates the interaction between patients/user/prospective patients/patient's attendant (referred to as 'Patient' or 'Patients') and medical professionals/doctors/hospitals (referred to as 'Provider' or 'Providers'). my-healthconnect.com offers services in the form of helping a Patient upload his/her health related information in the website. By using the Service in any form, you, the Patient agrees to comply with applicable laws, governed and interpreted by the laws in the state of Telangana, India.
my-healthconnect may offer services including internet/telephone/email based and online consultations with Provider referred to as the 'Services' or 'Service'.
- NATURE OF APPLICABILITY:
The Agreement applies to you whether you are:
- A medical practitioner or health care provider (whether an individual professional or an organization/hospital/nursing home) or similar institution wishing to be listed, or already listed, on the Website, including designated, authorised associates of such practitioners or institutions (“Provider” or “Providers”); or
- A patient, his/her representatives or affiliates, seeking medical guidance/diagnosis through the Website (“Patient” or “Patients”); or
- Otherwise a user of the Website that could be a Patient or Patients or Provider or Providers (“you” or “User” or "You")
- ABOUT THE SITE:
- To benefit from all of the Services we offer, you must create a my-healthconnect account and provide certain basic information about yourself, which you authorize my-healthconnect to use and disclose as to any practitioners, forum as we deem fit. Portions of the Services can be viewed without a my-healthconnect account.
- You acknowledge that although some Content may be provided by healthcare professionals, the provision of such Content does not create a medical professional/patient relationship but, is provided to assist you in choosing a doctor, dentist or other healthcare specialist, professional, provider, or organization (collectively, “Healthcare Provider”) and can be used by the patient as a provisional diagnosis and the patient/ care giver can use the provisional diagnosis as a guide in order to choose the appropriate doctor/ medical guide/ future medical prognosis . “Content” means content, text, data, graphics, images, photographs, video, audio, information, suggestions, guidance, and other materials provided, made available or otherwise found through the Services and/or Site, including, without limitation, Content provided in direct response to your questions or postings.
- By accepting the terms and conditions of this agreement you agree that medical contents will be shared with you in periodical basis from my-healthconnect, if you wish to unsubscribe from these contents it will be your sole responsibility to write to the email ID email@example.com to unsubscribe, thereafter my-healthconnect will confirm that you are no longer in the subscribing list within 7(seven) working days and will cease sending you medical contents. You acknowledge that this contents shared with you at any point of time does not construe medical advice and is shared merely for information purposes.
- While we make reasonable efforts to provide you with accurate content, we make no guarantees, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, expertise, quality of work, price or cost information, insurance coverage or benefit information, or any other content available through the services. In no event shall we be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on any such content. Furthermore, we do not in any way endorse or recommend any individual or entity listed or accessible through the services.
- MEDICAL ADVICE:
- The Content that you obtain or receive from my-healthconnect, its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the Services, is for informational, scheduling and payment purposes only. All medically related information, including, without limitation, information shared via my-healthconnect, comes from independent healthcare professionals and organizations and is professional guide. It is for the patient/care giver to use as a professional opinion and present it to any doctors in the future.
- While we hope the content is useful in your healthcare journey, it is not intended as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider, under any circumstance. Do not use the services for emergency medical needs. If you experience a medical emergency, immediately call a healthcare professional. Your use of the content is solely at your own risk. Nothing stated or posted on the site or available through any services is intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine, dentistry, nursing, or other professional healthcare advice, or the provision of medical care.
- We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, healthcare providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the services. If you rely on any content, you do so solely at your own risk. We encourage you to independently confirm any content relevant to you with other sources, including the healthcare provider’s office, medical associations relevant to the applicable specialty, your state medical boards, and the appropriate licensing or certification authorities to verify listed credentials and education.
- NO DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP:
- Doctors, dentists, nurses, and other medical professionals use the services to share content with you, but your use of this content is not a substitute for healthcare. No licensed medical professional/patient relationship is created when you use the services or content. This is true whether such content is provided by or through the use of the services or through any other communications from my-healthconnect including, without limitation, any feature in the my-healthconnect website or any assistance we may provide to help you find an appropriate healthcare provider in any field.
- my-healthconnect encourages healthcare providers to use the services responsibly, but we have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of, any healthcare provider at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments, or any injury resulting there from, or for any other injury resulting or arising from, or related to, the use of the site or services whatsoever.
- AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT; IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHCARE PROVIDER RELATIONSHIPS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDER LISTS:
- In connection with using the Site and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with Healthcare Providers, you understand that: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FOR YOUR FINAL TREATMENT. We recommend our qualified health care providers from our panel but the final decision is your discretion.
- my-healthconnect makes reasonable efforts to ensure that Healthcare Providers only participate in the Services if they hold all active licenses required by law to practice the specialties of the services offered by them. my-healthconnect may exclude Healthcare Providers who, in my-healthconnect discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct.
- Some Healthcare Providers listed through the Services enter into contracts with us, and may pay us a fee in order to be marketed through the Services. To help you find Healthcare Providers who may be suitable for your needs, and enable the maximum choice and diversity of Healthcare Providers participating in the Services, we will provide you with lists and/or profiles of Healthcare Providers. These results are based on information that you provide to us, such as insurance information, geographical location, and healthcare specialty. They may also be based on other criteria (including, for example, Healthcare Provider availability, past selections by and/or ratings of Healthcare Providers by you or by other my-healthconnect users, and past experience of my-healthconnect users with Healthcare Providers). Note that my-healthconnect (a) does not recommend or endorse any Healthcare Providers, (b) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these Healthcare Providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide, and (c) does not receive any additional fees from Healthcare Providers for featuring them (i.e., higher or better placement on lists) through the Services (subject to Sponsored Results).
- PATIENT’S MEDICAL INFORMATION: Protecting patient privacy and keeping your information secure are among our biggest priorities. This section will help you understand what information we ask for and why.
- To create a my-healthconnect account, you must provide a few pieces of basic information about yourself. When you upload your details through my-healthconnect, we pass along this information to your Healthcare Provider on your behalf.
- By submitting such information, you authorize my-healthconnect, its employees, its agents and others operating on its behalf to use and/or disclose such information in accordance with our Policy.
- You may elect to enter information on behalf of yourself or a third party from whom you have authorization to provide such information. You can request (and in doing so, authorize) my-healthconnect to provide this information to your chosen Healthcare Provider. You acknowledge and agree that such information will be reviewed and approved by you or someone authorized by you at the time of your appointment to ensure its accuracy. You also acknowledge that my-healthconnect may use the data or information you provide in accordance with our discretion and Policy.
- Patients my-healthconnect.com electronic medical Record is created to store personal health information online, including health conditions, allergies, X-ray images, CT/MRI images, Angiogram files, and other investigation reports/documents. Any information provided as part of a web, tele or a video consultation becomes part of your my-healthconnect Record. You agree to provide accurate information for your my-healthconnect Record, to periodically review such information and to update such information as and when necessary.
- PATIENT’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Your Account Credentials: When you create a my-healthconnect account, you will provide an email address and create a password (collectively, “Credentials”). You should keep your Credentials private and not share your Credentials with anyone else. You must immediately notify us if your password has been stolen or compromised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Services are free, but you are still responsible for your healthcare expenses. Usual, customary and any other charges for any medical or related services rendered by Healthcare Providers will apply and will be entirely your responsibility. You must resolve any dispute between you or any Healthcare Provider arising from any transaction hereunder directly with the Healthcare Provider.
- You are responsible for all use of the Services and for all use of your Credentials, including use by others to whom you have given your Credentials. You may only use the Site and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not accumulate or index, directly or indirectly, any Content or portion of the Site and/or Services (including, without limitation, Healthcare Provider Content, appointment availability, price information, and Insurance Content) for any purpose whatsoever.
- Patient has the onus to put all correct information, upload relevant medical reports, prescriptions, other doctor opinions so that the doctor in my-healthconnect is able to provide an accurate diagnosis
- You agree to contact your primary care physician immediately should your condition change or your symptoms worsen.
- It is your responsibility to keep your correct mobile number and email ID updated in your profile information. All information will be sent to the account associated with this mobile number and/or email ID. my-healthconnect is not responsible for any loss or inconvenience caused due to your non-updation of your contact details in your profile. If you access your dependents’ record through your account by registering your dependent with your own account, you are deemed to be responsible for the records of your dependent and all obligations that your dependant would have had had they maintained their own separate individual account.
- Responsibilities of Healthcare Providers and Others in the Healthcare or Medical Industries: If you are a Healthcare Provider or other person or entity in the healthcare or medical industries, regardless of whether you maintain an account with my-healthconnect or whether you schedule or intend to schedule appointments (including appointments for Designated Provider Services, as defined in the Additional Terms) through the Services, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You will not use the Services, directly or indirectly, to engage in any anti-competitive, deceptive or unfair practices, or otherwise violate applicable antitrust, competition or consumer protection laws, or regulations.
- You will not use the Services to establish, attempt to establish, or enforce, directly or indirectly, any agreement or coordination of the prices charged for any product or service; the kinds, frequencies or amounts of any product or service offered; or the customer or customer categories for any product or service, or otherwise engage or attempt to engage in price fixing, output restriction, or customer or market allocation.
- You will not use the Services to view/access or otherwise use, directly or indirectly, price, availability, or other Content for any purpose other than your own personal use as a patient or prospective patient.
- You shall give your best of advises/diagnosis to resolve patient’s concern. The advices given are purely on the basis of the medical history or medical inputs provided to the doctors by the patient themselves through my-healthconnect.com software/website. The Services are offered on an "as is" basis and used by the Patient solely at his or her own risk.
- In situations where the information provided by the patient is incomplete, you can ask the patient to send you more information on the specific ailment so that you can give appropriate advice/diagnosis plan to the patient.
- CHANGES TO THE SERVICES; NEW SERVICES; ADDITIONAL TERMS: We may from time to time add new features to the Services, substitute a new service for one of the existing Services, or discontinue or suspend one of the existing Services. Under no circumstances will my-healthconnect be liable for any suspension or discontinuation of any of the Services or portion thereof, and the use of new services will be governed by this Agreement.
- CONTENT YOU POST OR SUBMIT:
- my-healthconnect reserves the right to investigate and, at our discretion, take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates these terms of the Agreement, including without limitation, removing any offending communication from the Services and terminating the account of such violators or blocking your use of the Services.
- By posting Posted Information through the Services, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to my-healthconnect and its contractors an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Information and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Information. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that my-healthconnect shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your Posted Information with the Posted Information of other my-healthconnect users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews and information related to the healthcare industry.
- YOUR USE OF CONTENT: All of the Content is owned by us or our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain my-healthconnect’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the Content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the Content, or exploit the Site or Services in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever.
- DISCLAIMER: We created my-healthconnect to improve patients’ healthcare experience, and we want your experience with my-healthconnect to be exceptional. While we work hard to make that happen, you acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: (a) which users gain access to the Site and/or the Services, (b) what Content you access, (c) what effects the Content may have on you, (d) how you may interpret or use the Content, or (e) what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release us from all liability for you having acquired, you having not acquired, or your use of Content. We make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Site and/or the Services. We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you.
- Limitation of Claims: No action arising under or in connection with this Agreement, regardless of the form, may be brought by you more than one (1) year after the cause of action arose; actions brought thereafter are forever barred.
- Choice of Law; Arbitration Clause and Class Action Waiver – Important – Please Review as This Affects Your Legal Rights: We hope that we can work out any disagreements you might have with my-healthconnect. But if there is a dispute that needs to be further resolved, that process will take place according to this section. This Agreement shall be deemed to have been entered into and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Indian in the state of TELENGANA as applied to contracts made and to be performed entirely within TELENGANA, without giving effect to the state’s conflicts of law statute.
- Headings: The headings of the sections of this Agreement are for convenience only, do not form a part hereof, and in no way limit, define, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meaning, scope or intent of this Agreement or any terms or conditions therein.
- Assignment: We may assign this Agreement at any time, including, without limitation, to any parent, subsidiary, or any affiliated company, or as part of the sale to, merger with, or other transfer of our company to another entity. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense this Agreement to anyone else and any attempt to do so in violation of this section shall be null and void.
- Eligibility: You must be 18 years of age or over, or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18 years of age, to create an account with us or use the Site and the Services.